Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Truly exhausted...

So much has gone on since my last post, I don't even know where to begin.  I figure I won't go too far into the past, as I am so tired today I don't think I can muster the energy to think any farther back than 24 hours or so.

As I have stated before I work part time and attend college full time.  So my life is rather hectic much of the time.  As of 8:20 this evening I feel as I have just been freed from the snare of absolute boredom.  The lecture I just sat through for 2.5 hours was truly monotonous.  I really, really like my professor.  He is a great friend to me, but this lecture was so long and dry.  I know I did not retain an ounce of it.

I was up last night studying for a Sociology exam I most likely bombed today.  Now my wife of course would tell me that I always say that and I always wind up doing very well.  You don't get to be a straight A  student by bombing tests.  With that in mind, I really have never done poorly on an exam.  I feel like I guessed a lot on this one though.  Many of the questions were not in the textbook and I know they were never lectured on.  Moreover, another part of the test posed questions with the most ambiguous answers I have ever seen.  Have you every had questions where more than one answer is correct, but one is more correct than the other? They are horrible and you just never know till the test is returned how you did.  I went and visited the professor and made my case.  He seems to believe that all but one question was covered in the book.  I meet with him on Thursday to discuss the matter further.  I really hope it I don't need to, but if I do that means I didn't do well and need to beg for extra credit.

On a much lighter note.  I am applying for a scholarship through the National Honor Society in which I am a member.  My advisor/professor/director/boss (yes he really fills all those roles in my situation) wrote me a gleaming letter of recommendation.  One would think after reading this letter that sun shines out my backside.  I was blown away by it's content.  To know that someone thinks so much of you as to write such a letter is very humbling.  Thank you, Don!

All in all the day was not too awful.  Some good, some bad, but over all I made it through one more.  One more day closer to the end of the semester and the completion of my Associates Degree in Information Systems.  I will try and update on the situation with the exam in case I did better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment