Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Time Flies... But sometimes, I wish it wouldn't.

               I can't believe it has been over 2 months since my last post.  There has been nothing short of a whirlwind of activity here.  The sad thing is, I can't seem to recall what all the business was exactly.  I have seen summers fly by and years crawl by with the insane drudgery of life, but I do not ever recall a summer to go by so fast.  Like I said, I have been remarkable busy.  But doing what?

A portion of my summer was set to the unfruitful task of finding an internship.  The market was very dry and the excuses were abound as to why no one was hiring interns.  Another chunk of time was set the daunting and terrible upsetting labor of dealing with my grandmothers death and settling her estate.  I would've never dreamed the family that I held so dear could be so truly evil.  I pray for them, oh how I pray for them.

The day in and day out grind of just daily house and home stuff.  Not to mention the farm work.  Mind you the chickens and rabbits are by no means a heavy chore, nonetheless they are work.  I also had set about to get a new vehicle before school started.  Now. those of us who have taken on this great misery know how un-fun this can be!

The vehicle purchase went a little something like this: My Ford Explorer was slowly working its way to it's end.  It was decided that I would get a new vehicle.  I set out to find one through internet search and by stealthily perusing dealership lots.  I did find a really nice Toyota FJ Cruiser with low miles.  The sale went as could be expected but I did not have to go through the customary stomping, yelling, and fighting for the "best deal".  Instead our salesman was really pretty descent.  Not that we didn't have to haggle, the sale just went smoothly.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser

After signing on the dotted line and taking home my wonderful vehicle, I got a chance to really look it over.  I found a few flaws that the dealership graciously took care of.  I though to myself that this is unreal. I have never seen a dealership be so good to a customer in my years.  After getting it back I notice that a few things were not taken care of as they should have been.  Thus, my many returns to the dealership had begun. I have been back to them to redo and fix what they broke while fixing other things around 5 times.  I find this a bit excessive and outrageous that they couldn't just fix it right the first time.

After owning the FJ for about two weeks we thought it may be a good idea to re-evaluate insurance.  In sitting down with an agent we happened to notice the dealership screwed up our loan.  We were promised a price and payment that matched our budget for 48 months.  Somehow they managed to sneak in another year of financing.  Suffice it to say, a screaming match with the sales manager resulted in NOTHING!  They would do nothing for us and this is their mistake.  We foolishly did not go over the contract with a fine tooth comb before signing it and now we are stuck.  Interestingly enough the insurance agent we spoke to has the same thing happen to her with the same dealer, ending with the same result as ours.  If any of you want to know who this dealership is I will tell you but not on here.  I do not want to irritate the issue any further.

Now hear we are two weeks and classes start and where did my summer go?  Poof!  Gone!  History!  And I do not like it one bit.  I did not get any of the reading and prepping done for a couple of my classes.  I am going to have to cram some of that in this week.

On a good note, Rachael and I did get the opportunity to Bless her Mom and Dad by helping them seal their home.  They have a cedar sided home that needs to be sealed every so often.  We were compelled to help them and get this rather difficult task done in the small window the weather left us.  See, you need to let the sealer soak in for 2 to 3 day without rain.  As you all are aware for the past could of weeks it has rained inconsistently and hampered many a plans I'm sure.  We did get it done.  Her parents are ecstatic that ti is complete and it looks great.  I am so fortunate that I have wonderful in-laws and so blessed that we had this opportunity to help them.

As the school year nears I do not know how much time I will have to devote to the Blog, but I will do my best to keep you all up to date.

For now, thats the way I see it...

No comments:

Post a Comment