Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Odd feelings and very odd weather...

I find that I'm dreading a certain class I take.  However, once the class is over I tend to be ok and I am able to press on and head home.  What happens next is truly puzzling.  As I get in the car to head home I get very tired and feel almost depressed.  Funny thing is, I am not a depressed person.  Tired, I can definitely relate to that.  It seems as of lately I can never get enough sleep.  I spend 20 hours of my week working for the University I attend, approximately 12 hours driving two and fro, 10 hours in class, and the rest of the time is designated to homework, studying, and special projects.  Oh yeah, and maybe 6 hours a night of sleep.

I have such a major case of senior-itis and I still have two more years till my Bachelors is complete and an additional year and half to two years more to get my Masters.  The good thing, is that next semester I will only have to concentrate on my studies.  Unless of course something wonderful comes along.

I am currently struggling to find a paid internship for the summer.  Most of the large companies have a freeze on hiring due to the economy.  Or at least that is what they blame it on.  The stock market tells me different.  I am an avid stock watcher and pay attention to the trends.  The country seems to be on an upswing, but is that just a false positive?

I suppose I should be doing something school related right now, but I need a little therapy.  Thankfully the weekend has arrived.  At least I don't have to work.  I do however, have to work on my big final project for the class I dread.  Not that I suspect I will get anything less than an A, it's just a lot of work for not a lot of gain.

My wife comes to see me this weekend and we are going to an Alpaca farm for an educational visit.  One day I would like to get my wife a couple of Alpaca so she can just love them and spin their fleece till her hearts content.  I get the technology gadgets to satisfy my geekness and she gets animals and paraphernalia for her "crafting".  It's a good trade off as most of her goodies are rather expensive too.

What weird weather we are experiencing here in the North-East.  It has been unseasonably warm for several days.  A cold front has moved in and now the weather people are calling for slushy snow tomorrow.  80's one day and below freezing the next.  And what's up with all the earthquakes lately?  Should we all be preparing for something bigger than this world?  Natural disasters, weather disturbances, death, destruction, and chaos; we just may see Jesus riding in on the clouds one of these days.

If you are not a believer and have questions I am available answer all I can.  What I cannot answer immediately, I will find out and get back to you.  Life is precious, but eternity is a very long time to be confused about the truth.  A wise man once asked me this question:  Is it better to believe in God and be saved and find out when you die there is no heaven, or not believe in God, not seek Him, and not be saved and find out that there is?  Heaven or hell is our choice.  We have been given the testimonies and the Truth.  We have to be the ones to come to Him.  Remember, He loved us first.

Well, I have successfully rambled on from one topic to the next and should have by now confused myself.  I hope that I have not confused anyone in the process, it's just the way I see it...

1 comment:

  1. this was a very nice read, thanks! i really hope that all your hard work and crazy schedule brings something absolutely wonderful in the end :)

    have a wonderful time on the alpaca farm i think that is sooo neat and quite adorable. take picture ;)

    a little less traveling time for you this time, yay!

    pssst... thank you *hug*

    ReplyDelete